Have you ever heard of or tried Beachbody’s Shakeology? If you Google, “Beachbody Shakeology” you’ll find hundreds of testimonials and praise from the Beachbody community as being the gold standard of superfoods and the only shake you’ll ever drink again. After doing some of their workout videos (which are excellent by the way), I thought I’d give the vegan chocolate Shakeology a go for a month or two to see what all the hype was about.
Because most people, myself included, read reviews on their smartphone, here’s my quick and honest (no one paid me) review of Beachbody Shakeology (Chocolate Vegan Flavour).
So, What’s in Shakeology?
- Protein Blend: Pea, Flax Quinoa, and Rice.
- Superfood-Green/Phytonutrient Blend: Chlorella, Spinach, Kale, and Matcha Green Tea.
- Superfood-Fruit Blend: Camu-Camu, Acerola Cherry, Blueberry, Bilberry, Lycium Berry (Goji Berry), Luo Han Guo, Pomegranate, and Rose Hip.
- Adaptogen Blend: Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Cordyceps, Maca, Maitake, Reishi, Schiandra, and Chaga.
- Probiotic/Digestive Enzyme Blend: Yacon Root, Chicory Root, Bacillus coagulans, Amylase, Cellulase, Lactase, Glucoamylase, Alpha-Galactosidase, and Invertase.
- Nutritional Facts: (for the chocolate vegan flavour) Serving Size: 1 scoop (40g), Calories: 160, Fat: 3g (Sat. Fat: 1g, Poly. Fat: 1g, Mono. Fat: 1g), Carbohydrates: 17g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Total Sugars: 7g (inclu. 5g added sugars), Protein: 16g, Vitamin C: 25mg, Calcium: 30mg, Iron: 6mg, Sodium: 280mg, Potassium: 400mg, Alpha-Linolenic Acid (Omega-3): 250mg, Proprietary Superfood Blend: 33g.
- I love how chocolatey and rich tasting it is! It feels more like a treat than a protein/nutritional supplement.
- With 16g of protein, it’s a great option for an afternoon snack. I find myself craving a shake around 3pm and onward – that crucial time when your energy dips and you need something substantial to hold you off until dinner.
- Shakeology nutrition is on point! No artificial sweeteners, flavours, colours or preservatives, plus 33g of various proprietary blends made up of rare superfoods like: Camu-Camu, Chicory Root, Flax, Maca Root, Maitake, Blueberry, Lycium Berry (Goji Berry), Luo Han Guo, Pomegranate and Rose Hip.
- It costs a lot of money! The 2.65 lbs bag holds roughly a months supply (if you’re taking it every day) and may burn a hole in your pocket at $120.00 per month.
Will I Buy Again?
- Yes! Since I’ve been taking Beachbody’s vegan chocolate Shakeology my cravings have dramatically decreased and I’ve been able to stay laser-focused on my diet. I used to crave chocolate every single day (my go-to was handfuls of chocolate covered almonds) and since taking Shakeology, those cravings have completely disappeared. The cost isn’t lost on me though; no matter how you spin it, it’s very expensive! However, I’m the type of person that will prioritize my health and wellness over everything else. I will always choose to spend my money on my health instead of on other things like clothes, makeup or eating out, etc.
Have you tried Beachbody’s chocolate flavoured Shakeology? If so, what did you think? Know of a similar brand with equal ingredients that tastes great and costs less? I’m all ears.