Hands up if you love yogurt but need to limit or omit because you have a food sensitivity or are lactose intolerant? *Raises hand* I love dairy but if I eat too much of it, I will become sick, e.g., sore throat and plugged ears for days. Because of this, I need to be extra choosy when it comes to what I eat and how often, dairy-wise. A few months ago I moved to the USA from Canada and I’m beyond thrilled for all the new foods and health products I can now try out. And friends, Siggi’s vegan yogurt did not disappoint! It’s everything I have ever hoped for in a plant-based yogurt alternative.
Because most people, myself included, read reviews on their smartphone while navigating the grocery store, here’s my quick and honest (no one paid me) review of Siggi’s Plant-Based Coconut Blend.
So, What’s in it?
- Simple Ingredients: Coconut Milk, Pea Protein, Cane Sugar, Coconut Oil, Macadamia Nuts, Tapioca Flour, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, Fruit Pectin, Natural Flavour, Cinnamon, Live Active Cultures
- Live Active Cultures: S. thermophilus, L. delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, L. plantarum, L. acidophilus, B. lactis
- Nutritional Facts: (for the vanilla yogurt as shown) Serving Size: 1 container (150g), Calories: 190, Fat: 11g (Sat. Fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 0g), Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 5mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Dietary Fiber: < 1g, Protein: 10g, Total Sugars: 9g (inclu. 8g added sugars)
- It tastes amazing – you wouldn’t know it’s dairy-free!
- With 10g of protein, it feels substantial enough for a snack or as a breakfast option topped with fruit and granola.
- Made with real fruit, no stevia or artificial sweeteners, no artificial flavours and no preservatives – it’s a top pick for me!
- I honestly can’t think of one thing that could be improved with this plant-based yogurt! (Maybe more flavours to choose from?)
- It is often sold out at my local Whole Foods, which can be disappointing.
Will I Buy Again?
- Yes, I buy stockpiles of Siggi’s every time I go shopping (in whatever flavours are available). Seriously though, if you have ever tried vegan yogurt or dairy alternatives in the past and have been left with that, ‘it was good but it wasn’t exactly diary‘ taste in your mouth, I encourage you to give this one a try.
So what about you? Have you tried Siggi’s non-dairy yogurt before? What did you think?!?! I love all the flavours but my absolute favourite is mango. Have another brand that you love? Share with me below.